Protecting Your Data – What You Need to Know to Avoid Being Hacked
I wrote a blog post for my law firm on ways you can protect your data so you can avoid being hacked like Jennifer Lawrence. Read the full post here. To summarize:
- Have strong passwords. 12-14 characters with a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols.
- Use two step verification. (Let’s you set up specific devices that are allowed to access your data.)
- Use a passcode on your phones and tablets.
- Don’t connect your various accounts.
- Use unusual answers to safety/recovery questions.
- Encrypt your data.
Make sure you keep your data secure. Even if you aren’t a celebrity, the last thing you need is your private data (or even worse your nude pictures) plastered all over the web.